Friday, March 25, 2011

Morning!

I'm slacking...on keeping my blog current & up to date on my progress. So, I've decided to write while I eat my yummy egg & veggie sandwich. Remember, I am octo-lavo vegetarian. I can't give up my eggs and dairy, even though I should give up my dairy.

I realized that I haven't shared a part of my plan that is very important to me. As part of going vegetarian from a life long of meat eating, I am not giving up meat 110%...just yet. What I mean by that is this....This week & next week every 2 days of being vegetarian, the 3rd day I am allowed to have ONE small serving of meat. After the 2nd week of this, I will do 2 more weeks where every 3 days of vegetarian meals, I am allowed to have ONE small serving of meat on the 4th day. I'm going to continue this until I am eating vegetarian meals ALL week through. It may not make sense to you, but it does to me. Wednesday was my ONE serving of meat (for dinner) and in all honesty I didn't even really want it. I just don't want to put my body through this so sudden and end up getting sick...which I have heard can happen quite frequently.

As for my new meals...so far I've enjoyed quite a few. Yellow lentils in an Indian soup form. I've had cabbage, carrots, tofu & peanut thai style dressing. Last night's dinner was the best so far!! Organic merlot pasta wine with garlic and mozeralla tossed in extra virgin olive oil and swiss chard with tofu & sun dried tomato seasoning! YUMMY!!! And I'm making all this one my own! I signed up for Vegetarian Times and I'm excited to start getting a ton of vegetarian receipes!

My journey so far has been simple. I've been enjoying myself. And to be honest, I feel...lighter! I'm glad to have the support system that I have. I'm glad to have the friends that I have that can give me honest feed back and lend a hand with any info I seek. I'm also glad to have the followers who are watching my progress. It has been just a few days, but I see myself succeeding! As a good friend told me not too long ago..."TRYING IS ATTEMPTING TO FAIL"....So I'm not just trying, I'm doing it without problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment